Thursday 13 May 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Washburn and Jose Antonio Delgado.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Unverbesserlichen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1965!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1965 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Chris Washburn: NBA player.
- Jose Antonio Delgado: Venezuelan mountaineer (d. 2006).
- John McMahon: American accomplice to a crime; indicted for covering up evidence in the Charles Stuart murder case as he helped to dispose of the gun.
- John Anderson: Sportscaster.
- José Delgado: Venezuelan mountaineer (d. 2006).
- Tasmin Little: English violinist and educator
- János Marozsán: Hungarian footballer
- Hikari Ōta: Japanese comedian and actor
- Lari White: American singer-songwriter producer and actress
- Rolling Stones record Satisfaction
- Several Arab nations break ties with West Germany after it establishes diplomatic relations with Israel.
- A West German court of appeals condemns the behavior of ex-defense minister Franz Joseph Strauss during the Spiegel scandal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Marvin Gaye - I'll Be Doggone
- The Righteous Brothers - Just Once In My Life
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?