Friday 13 May 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Monday, Monday by The Mamas & The Papas.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Arabesque, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1966!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1966 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Nikos Aliagas: Greek TV show host.
- Alison Goldfrapp: English musician.
- Darius Rucker: American singer (Hootie & the Blowfish).
- Lee Altus: American heavy metal guitarist (Angelwitch and Heathen).
- Kamen Vodenicharov: Bulgarian actor and singer.
- Henk [Hendrik M] of Randwijk: Poet / editor in chief (illegal).
- Federal education funding is denied to 12 school districts in the South because of violations of the 1964 Civil Rights Act
- US Federal education funding is denied to 12 school districts in the South because of violations of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
- Rolling Stones release "Paint it Black".
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- Nancy Sinatra - How Does That Grab You Darlin'
- Dionne Warwick - Message To Michael
- The Shadows Of Knight - Gloria
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?