Saturday 13 May 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chuck Schuldiner and Melanie Thornton.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Happening by The Supremes.
In UK Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
For a Few Dollars More, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kommissar Brahm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1967!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1967 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Chuck Schuldiner: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Death Control Denied Slaughter and Voodoocult) (d. 2001).
- Melanie Thornton: American-German singer (La Bouche) (d. 2001).
- Frank McGrath: Actor (Wagon Train), dies at 64.
- Octagonal boxing ring is tested to avoid corner injuries.
- New York Yankees' Mickey Mantle hits career homerun #500 off Baltimore Orioles' Stu Miller.
- Dr. Zakir Hussain becomes the third President of India. He is the first Muslim President of the Indian Union. He holds this position until August 24, 1969.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 May 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- The Buckinghams - Don't You Care
- The Dave Clark Five - You Got What It Takes
- Peaches and Herb - Close Your Eyes
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?