Monday 13 May 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Annette DeLuca and James Harris.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tighten Up by Archie Bell & The Drells.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anker auf und Leinen los!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1968!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1968 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Annette DeLuca: North Bergen, New Jersey -- LPGA golfer.
- James Harris: NFL defensive end (Minnesota Vikings).
- Miguel Angel Blanco: Spanish politician (d. 1997).
- Raphaël Dinelli: French sailor and ecologist.
- Bruno Tuchszer: French minor actor, playing the role of a policeman in "Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis, best known for winning a jackpot of 382650 Euros in the game "Les 12 Coups de Midi" on France 2 channel.
- PMD : American rapper (EPMD)
- Miguel Blanco: Spanish politician (d. 1997)
- Susan Floyd: American actress
- Dmitriy Shevchenko: Russian discus thrower and coach
- Sonja Zietlow: German television host
- 1,000,000 French demonstrate against Charles de Gaulle and Pompidou.
- Paris student riots one million march through streets of Paris.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 May 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Troggs - Love Is All Around
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?