Sunday 13 May 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brooke Jennifer Gambrell and Michelle Mouser.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree by Dawn.
In UK See My Baby Jive by Wizzard was in the top 5 hits.
The Day of the Jackal, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Catch Kandy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1973!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1973 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Brooke Jennifer Gambrell: Boise, Idaho -- Miss America - Idaho (1996).
- Michelle Mouser: Miss USA-Ohio (1997).
- Franck Dumoulin: French pistol shooter, who won a gold medal in the 10 metre air pistol event at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney.
- John White: Rock Singer.
- Nicole Barber-Lane: Soap Opera Actress.
- Cyrano opens at Palace Theater NYC for 49 performances
- Judy Rankin wins LPGA Lady Carling Golf Open.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- War - The Cisco Kid
- Dobie Gray - Drift Away
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Elton John - Daniel
- Donny Osmond - The Twelfth Of Never
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?