Sunday 13 May 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Makes Me Wonder by Maroon5.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, directed by Gore Verbinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tales from the Pub.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Culpa Innata or Uncharted.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 2007!
Which were the important events of 13 May 2007 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 May
- Team Canada wins the 2007 IIHF World Hockey Championship after a 4-2 win over Finland in the gold medal game in Moscow, Russia. (Toronto Star)
- Two cargo ships collide in heavy fog near Dalian, China. 16 sailors are missing. (Xinhua)
- At least one million people gather in İzmir, Turkey for the fifth mass rally to demand their country remain a secular state, stepping up pressure on the Islamist-rooted Justice and Development Party (AKP) government before July elections. (Swissinfo)
- Iraq War:
- At least 40 people die in a truck bomb attack on the offices of the Kurdistan Democratic Party of Iraq in Makhmur. (BBC)
- Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini confirms his country will hold talks with the United States regarding the security situation in Iraq. (Reuters)
- NATO confirms that Mullah Dadullah, the foremost military leader of the Taliban, has been killed in battle. (AP via IHT)
- President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad visits the United Arab Emirates for the first official visit since 1979. (BBC)
- Prime Minister of Australia John Howard writes to Cricket Australia telling it to call off a tour of Zimbabwe due to concern over human rights abuses in that country. (ABC News Australia)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?