Tuesday 13 May 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
What Happens in Vegas, directed by Tom Vaughan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 13 May 2008 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 May
- The Jaipur bombings in Rajasthan, India results in dozens of deaths.
- A series of bomb blasts kills at least 63 and injures 216 in Jaipur, India.
- U.S. federal prosecutors have filed a new indictment against baseball slugger Barry Bonds, charging him with 14 counts of lying to a grand jury and one count of obstruction of justice when he denied knowingly using performance-enhancing drugs. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Wayne Swan, the Treasurer of Australia, delivers his first budget establishing $40 billion funds for infrastructure, health and education. (News Limited)
- Hewlett-Packard agrees to buy Electronic Data Systems for $13.9 billion dollars. (Bloomberg)
- 2008 Sichuan earthquake:
- The death toll from the earthquake reaches 12,000. (CNN)
- The Chinese government launches a massive rescue operation to search for survivors. (BBC News)
- Cyclone Nargis:
- West Virginia voters go to the polls in the Democratic Party primary to elect 28 delegates to the 2008 Democratic National Convention. New York Senator Hillary Clinton obtains a clear victory. (Washington Post)
- Senator Clinton welcomes the vote in West Virginia as an ampquotoverwhelming vote of confidenceampquot in her campaign. (Associated Press)
- Colombian warlord extradition
- President of Colombia Álvaro Uribe says that the assets of warlords will be confiscated to compensate victims. (Associated Press)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?