Thursday 13 May 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Robin Hood, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Burned by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 13 May 2010 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 May
- 2010 Thai political protests:
- A general associated with the National United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship, Khattiya Sawasdipol, is seriously injured after being shot in the head while giving an interview. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Gunfire and explosions occur in the capital Bangkok after the red shirt protesters ignore a government deadline to end their street protests. (Al Jazeera)
- 5 people are killed and a further 19 injured in two bombings in Baghdad. (Xinhua)
- Three alleged organisers of Moscow suicide bombings in March 2010 are killed after apparently resisting arrest. (Al Jazeera)
- Seven countries who have faced accusations of human rights violations win three-year seats on the United Nations Human Rights Council in an uncontested election. (Reuters Canada)
- At least 21 people are killed and five are wounded in an outburst at a colliery in Puding County, Anshun, Guizhou. (BBC)
- A report from Human Rights Watch claims that the Israeli army unlawfully destroyed civilian property in the Gaza War of 2008 and 2009, while the Israeli army asserts they only targeted property used for combat or terrorist activities. (''Ha'aretz'')
- President Goodluck Jonathan nominates Namadi Sambo to serve as Nigeria's vice president. (Al Jazeera)
- Following a warning, a bomb explodes outside a maximum security prison in Korydallos, Greece. (BBC)
- The ''Aban Pearl'', a natural gas platform, sinks off the coast of Venezuela, with all 95 workers evacuated safely. (CBC)
- As many as half a million pilgrims from 35 nations, including India, China and Vietnam, attend open-air Mass at Fatima, Portugal, celebrated by Pope Benedict XVI. The Pope criticises abortion and same-sex marriage in a speech. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The ampquot.рфampquot (ampquot.rfampquot - Russian Federation) Cyrillic country code top-level domain (ccTLD) is officially launched, the fourth internationalized country code. The first two web sites available on “.рф” are (RIA Novosti)
- Supporters of ousted Kyrgyz President Kurmanbek Bakiyev seize government buildings in the south of the country. (AFP)
- One of Nigeria's most influential politicians, James Ibori, is arrested on corruption charges in Dubai. (BBC)
- Sudan asks Interpol to arrest Justice and Equality Movement chief Khalil Ibrahim. (Al Jazeera)
- Five people are arrested, two in Massachusetts, and three in New York by the FBI in connection with the 2010 Times Square car bombing attempt (Al Jazeera)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?