Wednesday 13 November 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steef C Weijers and Asashio Taro III.
The Love Parade, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 13 November 1929 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Steef C Weijers: Dutch MP (CDA).
- Asashio Taro III: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 46th Yokozuna (d. 1988).
- Gérald Gassiot-Talabot: French editor and art critic who coined the concept of "narrative figuration".
- Jaime Gil de Biedma: Catalan post-Civil War poet, one of the most important authors of the Generation of 50.
- Robert Bonnaud: French historian and academic (d. 2013).
- Fred Phelps: American lawyer pastor and activist founded the Westboro Baptist Church (d. 2014)
- Asashio Tarō: Japanese sumo wrestler the 46th Yokozuna (d. 1988)
- Princess Viktoria: of Prussia (Born 1866).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?