Tuesday 13 November 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Judianne Densen-Gerber and Jimmy Fontana.
The Trail Beyond, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 1934!
Which were the important events of 13 November 1934 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Judianne Densen-Gerber: American psychiatrist, lawyer, feminist and pioneer in drug rehabilitation, social worker, consultant, editor, women's rights advocate and author of legislation against child porno.
- Jimmy Fontana: Italian actor, composer and singer-songwriter.
- Kamahl : Malaysian-born Sri Lankan-Australian singer and entertainer known for his sex appeal, kaftans and deep voice.
- Garry Marshall: American film and TV director-producer, writer and actor, the older brother of actress-director Penny Marshall.
- Peter Arnett: New Zealand-American journalist and academic.
- The Italian government decrees that teachers must wear a military or party uniform in a class.
- The MCC makes an ultimately controversial decision to alter the lbw rule so a batsman can be lbw to a ball pitching outside off stump. The change is later blamed for many problems developing during the 1950s, primarily negative bowling outside leg stump to a field of short-leg fieldsmen.
- Cole Porter's musical ''Anything Goes'', starring Ethel Merman, premieres in New York City.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Annie Doesn't Live Here Anymore - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?