Tuesday 13 November 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Trail Beyond, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 1934!
Which were the important events of 13 November 1934 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kamahl : Malaysian-born Sri Lankan-Australian singer and entertainer known for his sex appeal, kaftans and deep voice.
- Judianne Densen-Gerber: American psychiatrist, lawyer, feminist and pioneer in drug rehabilitation, social worker, consultant, editor, women's rights advocate and author of legislation against child porno.
- Garry Marshall: American film and TV director-producer, writer and actor, the older brother of actress-director Penny Marshall.
- Peter Arnett: New Zealand-American journalist and academic.
- Jimmy Fontana: Italian actor, composer and singer-songwriter.
- The Italian government decrees that teachers must wear a military or party uniform in a class.
- The MCC makes an ultimately controversial decision to alter the lbw rule so a batsman can be lbw to a ball pitching outside off stump. The change is later blamed for many problems developing during the 1950s, primarily negative bowling outside leg stump to a field of short-leg fieldsmen.
- Cole Porter's musical ''Anything Goes'', starring Ethel Merman, premieres in New York City.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Annie Doesn't Live Here Anymore - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?