Wednesday 13 November 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Fantasia, directed by Leopold Stokowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 13 November 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Joan Haanappel: Figure skater / sports reporter.
- Justine "Baby" Washington: US singer (Only Those in Love).
- Jean Audouze: French astrophysicist, who is a research director at CNRS and teaches at the Paris Institute of Political Science "Sciences Po".
- Giancarlo Desisti: .
- William Taubman: American political scientist and author.
- Saul Kripke: American author, philosopher and educator, a professor at Rockefeller University and Princeton. In his monograph "Naming and Necessity," 1972, he developed philosophical ideas about necessity and possibility, drawing powerful and interesting conclusions.
- Daniel Pilon: Canadian actor
- RKO Radio Pictures world premieres Disney's third animated feature film, Fantasia, at New York's Broadway Theater. The film introduces stereophonic sound to motion pictures via a special sound system called Fantasound. This is Mickey Mouse' feature film debut, in the segment The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?