Thursday 13 November 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Linda Jackson and Emile Mesnil.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
Houseboat, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 13 November 1958 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Linda Jackson: Montreal, Quebec -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Emile Mesnil: French homicide who strangled a woman on 6/30/1987.
- John McConnell: American actor.
- Bart A van der Leck: Dutch Painter (Style), dies at 81.
- New York City Mayor Robert Wagner announces plans to begin a new baseball called the Continental League
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Earl Grant - The End
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Ricky Nelson - I Got A Feeling
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?