Tuesday 13 November 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Artest and Manuela Montebrun.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Still by Commodores.
In UK When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman by Dr Hook was in the top 5 hits.
Die Spinnen, 2. Teil - Das Brillantenschiff, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Establishment by Howard Fast was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Enchanted Castle.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Speed Freak or Star Fire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 1979!
Which were the important events of 13 November 1979 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Ron Artest: American basketball player.
- Manuela Montebrun: French hammer thrower who won two back-to-back World Championship bronze medals in 2003 and 2005.
- Metta Peace: Basketball Player.
- Kick : Japanese comedian and screenwriter.
- Subliminal : Israeli rapper and producer.
- Dimitris Psathas: Greek playwright (Born 1907).
- British newspaper Times resumes publishing after 1 year
- Willie Stargell and Keith Hernandez share NL MVP Award NL
- Ronald Reagan in New York announces his candidacy for President.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?