Thursday 13 November 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Be Faithful by Fatman Scoop featuring The Crooklyn Clan was in the top 5 hits.
Timeline, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 2003!
Which were the important events of 13 November 2003 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 November
- ''SCO v. IBM:'' SCO Group files subpoenas for Richard Stallman and Linus Torvalds.
- A British ''Daily Mirror'' opinion poll suggests nearly half the people of the United Kingdom see the United States as the biggest threat to world peace and are opposed to President Bush's state visit to the UK.
- A ''Belfast Telegraph'' opinion poll in Northern Ireland in the run up to the Northern Ireland Assembly elections predicts that the Ulster Unionist Party will remain the largest unionist party, defeating the Democratic Unionist Party, while the nationalist Social Democratic and Labour Party, contrary to many expectations, will outpoll Sinn Féin. At the start of the campaign, many commentators had predicted that both the DUP and Sinn Féin would topple their rivals.
- Occupation of Iraq:
- Japan delays sending troops to Iraq because of the worsening security situation.
- According to military analysts, recent attacks on coalition forces in Iraq are, reportedly, part of a guerrilla strategy to isolate the United States during attempts to achieve international support for rebuilding the country.
- Mass media:
- Leading Saudi Arabian newspaper ''al-Riyadh'' (which often reflects government thinking) claims that Qatar's Al Jazeera television coverage of the bombing in Riyadh is aimed at inciting more violence.
- In Canada, the Commission for Public Complaints Against the RCMP rules that the police force used excessive force during the anti-globalization protests at the Quebec City Summit of the Americas FTAA negotiations in April 2001.
- The Economy: Germany, France and the Netherlands, which together account for more than half the economic activity of the eurozone, report returns to growth in the third quarter as a global economic recovery stokes demand for exports.
- Chief Justice of Alabama Roy Moore is removed from office by the Alabama Court of Judiciary for failure to remove Ten Commandments monument from court house pursuant to order by U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson.
- A British court rejects a request by the Russian government for extradition of Akhmed Zakayev, an envoy of the Chechen rebels, who is accused of being a terrorist and having committed a number of crimes including kidnapping, murdering Russian soldiers, and levying war. The request was denied on the grounds that Mr. Zakayev was considered likely to be tortured if he was extradited, which would make such deportation illegal under article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights. The
- Cybercrime: Californian man is fined and sentenced to community service for cracking into the website of satellite TV network ''Al Jazeera'' during the war in Iraq.
- Immigration: Long known as a haven of multicultural tolerance, the Netherlands' integration policy comes under scrutiny.
- Science: Craig Venter and his group announce creation of artificial virus that reproduces, and put the technology into the public domain.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?