Monday 13 November 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
Deja Vu, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 13 November 2006 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 November
- Voters in South Ossetia vote 98-99% in favor of independence from Georgia in a referendum. 78% of the vote has been counted. Neither Russia nor the West recognize the poll's legitimacy. (CNN)
- Rwandan President Paul Kagame denies previous reports that quoted him as saying Rwanda would invade the Democratic Republic of Congo to deal with Hutu rebel groups responsible for the Rwandan genocide. (AlertNet)
- South Korea says it won't participate in the Proliferation Security Initiative that aims to intercept North Korean ships suspected of carrying supplies for North Korea's nuclear and missile programs. (AP via ABC News)
- A colliery explosion in Shanxi province in northern China kills at least 24 miners. (The Australian)
- A train crash near Cape Town, South Africa, kills at least 27 people. (BBC News)
- Joseph Kony, head of the Lord's Resistance Army terrorist organization in Uganda, meets with Jan Egeland, the United Nations' highest humanitarian official. (The Times)
- Lebanese Environment Minister Yaacoub Sarraf, a Christian allied with Hezbollah, joins the rank of five other cabinet members who resigned on November 11, 2006. The cabinet later unanmously approved a UN-proposed international tribunal to try suspects over the assassination of Prime Minister Rafik Hariri in February 2005. (Canadian Press)
- In a major development for the Free Software movement, Sun Microsystems releases the Java programming language under the GNU General Public Licence. (ZDNET)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?