Thursday 13 November 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 13 November 2008 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 November
- Jules Archer: American historian and author (d. 2008).
- Blizzard Entertainment launched the latest expansion pack to the highly popular computer game MMORPG World of Warcraft, entitled Wrath of the Lich King.
- Josef Fritzl is charged with murder, rape and enslavement after allegedly sexually abusing and incarcerating his daughter in the cellar of his home, where one of the children she was forced to bear died due to lack of medical attention. (Reuters)
- Three planets orbiting HR 8799 and one planet orbiting Fomalhaut are visually verified by telescopes, the first extrasolar planets whose existence have been confirmed via direct imaging. (CNN)
- 2008 Russian financial crisis:
- The Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange falls 5% as trade resumes after a one-day limit-down halt, prompting confusing suspension announcements and orders to the contrary from the Federal Financial Markets Service. (''The Guardian'')
- Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin questions the commitment of the European Union to the construction of the Nord Stream pipeline to establish a natural gas delivery network from his country to Europe. A European Commission spokesman responds, ampquotThe EU continues to strongly support the Nord Stream pipelineampquot. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?