Friday 13 November 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Whatcha Say by Jason DeRulo.
The Blind Side, directed by John Lee Hancock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 13 November 2009 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 November
- NASA scientists announce that last month's experiment to find water on the Moon was a major success, revealing ice and water vapor in the debris field of smashing a rocket into a crater.
- Philippines President Gloria Arroyo signs a law banning torture, making it a criminal offence punishable by up to 30 years imprisonment. (''Bangkok Post'')
- The Turkish government unveils a plan to improve rights of the Kurdish minority to end the decades long ethnic conflict in the southeast of the country. (Xinhua)
- Cambodia detains a Thai man on charges of spying for Thailand. (Sina)
- American politician William J. Jefferson, former Democratic Party Congressman from the U.S. state of Louisiana, is sentenced to 13 years in prison for corruption. (AP via ''Houston Chronicle'')
- South African President Jacob Zuma says the police do not have a ampquotlicence to killampquot after recent incidents of innocent people being killed by police. (BBC)
- Two people are killed and 43 rescued from a bomb shelter in a fire that triggered multiple explosions at an arms depot near Ulyanovsk, western Russia. (Al Jazeera)
- At least 240 villages in southwestern Saudi Arabia are evacuated due to fighting between Yemeni Houthi rebels and Saudi forces along the border. (Al Jazeera)
- Chinese nationals in Angola say they are increasingly being targeted in ampquotmafia-styleampquot attacks by Angolan gangs. (BBC)
- Four members of Algeria's national football team are injured when their bus comes under attack by stone throwers in Cairo, Egypt. (''Taiwan News'')
- 38 people are killed in collapsed school buildings and road accidents caused by heavy snowfall in China, the heaviest in 60 years. (''Times of India'')
- Czech Prime minister Jan Fischer deposits the Treaty of Lisbon ratification instrument at the Italian foreign ministry in Rome. (Foreign ministry of Italy)
- Tens of thousands of Maoist supporters in Nepal block the headquarters for the Nepali government for a second day. (Al Jazeera)
- The diaries of Gareth Jones, a British reporter who exposed the 1933 famine in Ukraine, are put on public display for the first time. (BBC)
- A bomb hits the Peshawar office of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence agency with at least seven people dead and 35 injured. (BBC)
- Jersey's Chief Minister Terry Le Sueur hosts the 13th summit of the British–Irish Council. (RTÉ)
- The Japan Coast Guard evacuates 28 passengers and crew from the ''Ariake'' commercial ferry after it rolls over onto its side in rough seas off Mie Prefecture in the Pacific Ocean. (IOL)
- Kosovo prepares for historic elections after a flare-up earlier this week targeted Prime Minister Hashim Thaci in the western town of Deçan. (CNN)
- Actor and film director Clint Eastwood is made a commander of the Légion d'honneur. (''Gulf Daily News'')
- A court in Buenos Aires declares Argentinean law restricting marriage to a man and a woman unconstitutional, allowing a same-sex couple to marry the city government announces it will not appeal. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?