Wednesday 13 October 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Herblock [Herbert L Block] and Herbert Block.
L'innominato, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1909!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1909 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Herblock [Herbert L Block]: Roosevelt, Utah -- Political cartoonist.
- Herbert Block: American cartoonist (d. 2001).
- Jacques Guillebon: French military officer, a general in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Art Tatum: American jazz piano soloist who studied piano, guitar, violin and accordion.
- de Guillebon: Lun?ville Military man.
- Herblock : American author and illustrator (d. 2001)
- Francisco Ferrer Guardia: Spanish free-thinker (Born 1849).
- An agreement by Germany, Italy and Switzerland gives the Germans and Italians access to the Gotthard Rail Tunnel.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Pony Boy - Ada Jones
- Take Me Out for a Joy Ride - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?