Wednesday 13 October 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
L'innominato, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1909!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1909 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Jacques Guillebon: French military officer, a general in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Herblock [Herbert L Block]: Roosevelt, Utah -- Political cartoonist.
- Herblock : American author and illustrator (d. 2001).
- de Guillebon: Lun?ville Military man.
- Herbert Block: American cartoonist (d. 2001).
- Art Tatum: American jazz piano soloist who studied piano, guitar, violin and accordion. He formed a small band in the '20s and mainly did club work around the Toledo area. He played in several name bands, doing club work and working as a D.J. for two years before moving to New York in 1932; he returned to the West Coast in 1939. Performing on several records, his last big concert was on 8/15/1956 in the Hollywood Bowl.
- Francisco Ferrer Guardia: Spanish free-thinker (Born 1849).
- An agreement by Germany, Italy and Switzerland gives the Germans and Italians access to the Gotthard Rail Tunnel.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Pony Boy - Ada Jones
- Take Me Out for a Joy Ride - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 October 1909 and get them!