Sunday 13 October 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
From the Manger to the Cross; or, Jesus of Nazareth, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1912 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Hugo David Weisgall: Ivancice Moravia, Czech Republic -- Composer (4 Impressions).
- Cornel Wilde: Slovak-American actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 1989).
- Roger Wybot: French military officer, specializing in intelligence information.
- André Lagarde: French professor and historian of literature.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Way Down South - Heidelberg Quintet
- Whistle It - Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 October 1912 and get them!