Tuesday 13 October 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Your Girl and Mine: A Woman Suffrage Play, directed by Giles Warren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1914 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 October
- Belgian regime forms at St. Adresse at Le Havre
- Garrett Morgan invents and patents gas mask
- Pro-German Boers begin opposition of British authority in South Africa
- Boston Braves sweep Philadelphia Athletics, first sweep in World Series history (World Series #11).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Just for To-Night - Billy Murray & Will Oakland
- Rock of Ages - Alma Gluck & Louise Homer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?