Wednesday 13 October 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cornel Wilde and Terry Frost.
The Man Who Couldn't Beat God, directed by Maurice Costello, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1915!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1915 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Cornel Wilde: NYC, New York -- Actor (High Sierra, 5th Musketeer).
- Terry Frost: English painter and academic (d. 2003).
- Boston Red Sox beat Philadelphia Phillies, four games to one in 12th World Series.
- The Battle for the Hohenzollern Redoubt marks the end of the Battle of Loos in northern France, World War I.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- There's a Long, Long Trail - Charles Harrison
- Cal Stewart - Uncle Josh in a Barber Shop
- Hello, Frisco! - Elida Morris & Sam Ash
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?