Wednesday 13 October 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Man Who Couldn't Beat God, directed by Maurice Costello, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1915!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1915 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Cornel Wilde: NYC, New York -- Actor (High Sierra, 5th Musketeer).
- Terry Frost: English painter and academic (d. 2003).
- Boston Red Sox beat Philadelphia Phillies, four games to one in 12th World Series.
- The Battle for the Hohenzollern Redoubt marks the end of the Battle of Loos in northern France, World War I.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hello, Frisco! - Elida Morris & Sam Ash
- There's a Long, Long Trail - Charles Harrison
- Cal Stewart - Uncle Josh in a Barber Shop
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1915?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 October 1915 and get them!