Monday 13 October 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Doorway to Hell, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 13 October 1930 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 13 October 1930 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
See other famous people born on 13 October
Peter J Clase: South African Minister of Education / Culture (1985- ).
Bruce Geller: American screenwriter and television producer (d. 1978).
Make this date unforgettable
Subscribe to our Newsletter
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1930?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Sergei Koussevitsky -- Oct. 13, 1930
- Science: Science vol. 72 issue 1867
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Harry Emerson Fosdick -- Oct. 6, 1930
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
The basis for the Academy Award-winning major motion picture starring Best Actor nominee Richard Dix and Best Actress nominee Irene Dunne.This vivid and sweeping tale of the Oklahoma Land Rush, from Pulitzer Prize winner Edna Ferber, traces the stunning challenges ...
Light wear to red boards, firm binding, light age spotting. Gift inscription to title page. Edges of dustwrapper a little chipped and torn. Colonial edition stated on dustwrapper
1930. American writer and playwright, he is best known for the Pulitzer Prize awarded his play Our Town in 1938. His second novel, The Bridge of San Luis Rey won the Pulitzer Prize in 1928.
Tell the world why 13 October 1930 is such a special date for you!