Monday 13 October 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Devil and Daniel Webster, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1941 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Bob Hunter: Canadian broadcast journalist and environmental activist, who co-founded the environmental group, "Greenpeace," and spearheaded the successful campaign that helped to ban commercial whaling.
- Paul Simon: American singer, song-writer who teamed up with Art Garfunkel to become folk-rock music icons of the 60's with songs such as "The Sounds of Silence," Homeward Bound," "America," "The Boxer" and "Scarborough Fair.
- GJ Berenschot: General / Supreme Commander Dutch East Indies army.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?