Friday 13 October 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
None But the Lonely Heart, directed by Clifford Odets, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1944!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1944 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Claude Bouttier: .
- Robert Lamm: American singer-songwriter pianist and producer (Chicago).
- Buddy Allin: Bremerton, Washington -- PGA golfer (1980 NZ Open).
- Riga Latvia freed
- US 1st Army begins battle of Aachen.
- World War II: Riga, the capital of Latvia is liberated by the Red Army.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?