Saturday 13 October 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Blithe Spirit, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1945 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Karen Akers: NYC, New York -- Singer (On Stage at Wolf Trap).
- Christophe : French singer and songwriter, birth name Daniel Bevilacqua.
- Desi Bouterse: Dutch military man in a low rank until he overthrew the government of Suriname, a former Dutch colony, in 1982.
- Dési Bouterse: Surinamese general and politician 9th President of Suriname.
- Susan Stafford: American game show host and actress.
- Milton S Hershey: American chocolate tycoon (Born 1857).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- I'm Gonna Love That Guy - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Dottie Reid)
- Harry James & His Orchestra - It's Been a Long, Long Time
- It's Been a Long, Long Time - Bing Crosby & Les Paul
- It's Been A Long, Long Time - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- Dick Haymes - That's For Me
- Along the Navajo Trail - Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?