Sunday 13 October 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Honeycomb by Jimmie Rodgers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Jailhouse Rock, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1957 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Arturo Brachetti: Italian mime, a fantastic talent.
- Reggie Theus: American basketball player and head coach.
- Pamela Gergely: American Beauty Queen, crowned Miss California Universe 2/14/1977 in Los Angeles.
- German Democratic Republic recalls the East Mark and issues new currency.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- Paul Anka - Diana
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 October 1957 and get them!