Tuesday 13 October 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Gwynn and Dario Ballantini.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
Send Me No Flowers, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Butternut Square.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1964 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Chris Gwynn: Los Angeles, California -- Outfielder (San Diego Padres).
- Dario Ballantini: Italian impersonator, comedian, painter and actor, regarded as one of the most famous imitators in Italy.
- Allen Covert: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Nie Haisheng: Chinese general pilot and astronaut.
- Christopher Judge: American actor and producer.
- At Plesman airport, Curacao, 125.5 mm rainfalls (record)
- Voskhod 1 crew returns
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 October 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Chad Stuart and Jeremy Clyde - A Summer Song
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- The Beach Boys - When I Grow Up (To Be A Man)
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?