Sunday 13 October 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Honestly Love You by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Everything I Own by Ken Boothe was in the top 5 hits.
Airport 1975, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1974!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1974 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Bill Klein: Reality Star.
- Hawick Lau: Chinese actor and singer.
- Anthony Carbone: Australian soccer midfielder (Olyroos, Olympics - 1996).
- Ed Sullivan: TV host ( Show, Toast of the Town), dies at 73.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - I Honestly Love You
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- First Class - Beach Baby
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- Cat Stevens - Another Saturday Night
- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- Blue Swede - Never My Love
- Cheech & Chong - Earache My Eye
- Bad Company - Can't Get Enough
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?