Monday 13 October 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Another One Bites The Dust by Queen.
In UK Don't Stand So Close To Me by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Oh, God! Book II, directed by Gilbert Cates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Firestarter by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1980!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1980 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Magne Hoseth: Norwegian footballer.
- Scott Parker: English footballer.
- David Haye: English boxer.
- Ashanti American: musician.
- Ashanti : American singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer and actress.
- Unprovoked slayings of 6 blacks in Buffalo, New York
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Pointer Sisters - He's So Shy
- The Doobie Brothers - Real Love
- Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright
- Olivia Newton-John - Xanadu
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?