Thursday 13 October 1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler.
In UK Karma Chameleon by Culture Club was in the top 5 hits.
Possession, directed by Andrzej Zulawski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1983!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1983 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Kylie Lindsay: New Zealander squash player.
- Katia Winter: Swedish-English actress.
- Kim Vanderhee: Reality Star.
- Ameritech Mobile Communications (now AT&T) launched the first US cellular network in Chicago, Illinois.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- The Police - King Of Pain
- Spandau Ballet - True
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Stray Cats - (She's) Sexy + 17
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?