Friday 13 October 1989
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Miss You Much by Janet Jackson.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Look Who's Talking, directed by Amy Heckerling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Clear And Present Danger by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1989!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1989 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Najee De-Tiege: TV Actor.
- Breno Borges: Brazilian footballer.
- Clive Rose: Australian cricketer.
- Wei Son: Japanese model and singer.
- Jun Hyoseong: Korean Singer.
- Bob Quinn resigns as New York Yankee VP / GM and replaced by Harding Peterson
- Dow Jones down 190.58 points
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunges 190.58 points, or 6.91 percent, to close at 2,569.26 most likely after the junk bond market collapses. This mini-crash becomes known as the Friday the 13th mini-crash.
- Jay Ward, animator (Rocky and His Friends), dies at age 69 of cancer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?