Saturday 13 October 1990
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Praying For Time by George Michael.
In UK Show Me Heaven by Maria McKee was in the top 5 hits.
Night of the Living Dead, directed by Tom Savini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Four Past Midnight by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1990!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1990 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Target Center in Minneapolis opens
- End of the Lebanese Civil War. Syrian forces launch an attack on the free areas of Lebanon removing General Michel Aoun from the presidential palace.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- James Ingram - I Don't Have The Heart
- Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- George Michael - Praying For Time
- Janet Jackson - Black Cat
- Phil Collins - Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
- Dino - Romeo
- Black Box - Everybody Everybody
- Paul Young - Oh Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 October 1990 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?