Monday 13 October 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, directed by Mark Herman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Brisingr by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 13 October 2008 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 October
- Alexei Cherepanov: Russian ice hockey player (Born 1989).
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rebounds 936.42 points, nearly doubling the largest daily point gain in history, bringing the index back above 9,000 points. Stocks worldwide add more than US$1.7 trillion in value, based on a record 9.3 percent gain in the MSCI world equity index.
- The Dow Jones industrial average increases by 935 points or 11.1 percent as stock markets around the world respond positively to steps to relieve the economic crisis of 2008. (''New York Times'')
- Summer 2008 California wildfires
- A second wildfire breaks out in the hills above Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley prompting mandatory evacuations. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- Santa Ana winds causes an existing fire in the Angeles National Forest north of Los Angeles to flare up resulting in the closure of two freeways. (CNN)
- The United Kingdom House of Lords rejects the Counter-Terrorism Bill 2008 by 309 votes to 118. (Reuters)
- The European Union temporarily lifts travel bans on Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko and other top officials for six months to encourage democratic reforms in that country. (BBC News)
- Nobel Prize:
- United States economist Paul Krugman wins the 2008 Nobel Prize in Economics for ampquotanalysis of trade patterns and location of economic activityampquot. (AP via Google News)
- The U.S. Federal Reserve approves the merger of Wells Fargo and Wachovia after Citigroup withdraws the legal case in a New York federal court to put a hold on the merger.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?