Wednesday 13 October 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 13 October 2010 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 October
- Vernon Biever: American photographer (Born 1923).
- The 2010 Copiapo mining accident in Copiapo, Chile comes to an end as all 33 miners arrive at the surface after surviving a record 69 days underground awaiting rescue.
- Thirty-three miners near Copiapó, Chile, trapped 700 metres underground in a mining accident in San José Mine, are brought back to the surface after surviving for a record 69 days.ref name =quotMSNBCquot
- Two soldiers died and another one was injured in clash with PKK militants in Ovacik township of southeastern province of Tunceli, Turkey. (World Bulletin)
- The death toll has risen to 11 following a U.S. drone strike launched late Wednesday night in the Datta Khell area of Pakistan. (AP)
- Somali pirates release Puntland's Ports Minister Said Mohamed Rageh who was kidnapped last Friday. (BBC)
- Iran's Fars News Agency (FNA) announces that 18 people were killed in a blast at one of the Revolutionary Guards' bases in Luristan Province. (Xinhua)
- War in Afghanistan
- 8 people are feared dead after a cargo plane crash near Kabul. (AP via anhourago)
- NATO claims to have killed two Taliban leaders in fighting in the Afghanistan War while a soldier was lost in fighting during an insurgent attack in eastern Afghanistan. (AP via ''Washington Examiner'')
- 10 people, including three women, are injured in a clash between two groups at Kaserwa in Uttar Pradesh, India. (DNA)
- India will spend $2.3 trillion by 2030 to attempt to improve energy efficiency and use of clean technology. (Reuters)
- French unions continue mass strikes for a second day with over one million people protesting on Tuesday against pension reform. (CNN)
- The Australian dollar reaches its highest level against the United States dollar in 27 years. (''The Australian'')
- The US government rules out a moratorium on foreclosures. The moratorium would help millions expected to lose their homes, but may also hurt the housing market. (MSNBC)
- An unknown pornographic actor has tested positive for HIV, with Wicked Pictures and Vivid Entertainment halting production. ABC News
- Rescue efforts conclude for the Chilean miners trapped in the 2010 Copiapó mining accident, with the last miner being rescued at 9:56PM local time. (BBC)
- The New Zealand city of Christchurch is hit by a magnitude 5.0 earthquake, an aftershock to the 2010 Canterbury earthquake. (ABC News Australia)
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad visits Lebanon amidst concern from Israel and United States. (BBC)
- A group of 23 elder Communist Party of China members call for an end to restrictions on freedom of speech in the country. (Al Jazeera)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?