Sunday 13 September 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Policeman's Vision, directed by Ferdinand Zecca, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1908 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Sicco Mansholt: Dutch politician, minister, agriculturist, important wwii illegal work during german occupation; worked on behalf of prison camp victims, married once, four children.
- Ray Burns Green: Composer.
- Chu Berry: American saxophonist (d. 1941).
- Karolos Koun: Greek director and playwright (d. 1987).
- Mae Questel: American actress and singer (d. 1998).
- Madeleine Ozeray: Belgian/French stage and film actress. She appeared in many films between 1932 and 1980. She died on 28 March 1989, at age 80.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cuddle Up a Little Closer, Lovey Mine - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- I've Taken Quite a Fancy to You - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?