Wednesday 13 September 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Mutiny of the Bounty, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1916!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1916 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Mayfair Boy: British jewel thief who, as a lark with two other young men, robbed Cartiers of London in December 1937 of rings valued at 16,824 pounds.
- Roald Dahl: British novelist, short story writer, poet, screenwriter, and fighter pilot.
- John Gunn: Scottish mathematician, physicist, educator and writer.
- Lynne Carver: American film actress who appeared in 42 films between 1934 and 1953.
- Mary, a circus elephant, is hanged in the town of Erwin, Tennessee for killing her handler, Walter quotRedquot Eldridge.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Through These Wonderful Glasses of Mine - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- The Honolulu Blues - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?