Wednesday 13 September 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, directed by Alfred Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1939 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Richard Kiel in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actor (James Bond adversary).
- Larry Speakes: US presidential press secretary.
- Arleen Auger: American soprano and educator (d. 1993).
- Guntis Ulmanis: Latvian economist and politician 5th President of Latvia.
- Joel-Peter Witkin: American photographer.
- Richard Kiel: American giant (2.18m) actor, screenwriter and producer, widely known for his role of the steel-toothed Jaws in a James Bond movie: "The Spy who loved me" and for playing in the TV serie "The Wild Wild West" (1965).
- Igor Stravinsky invents 1st helicopter
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?