Friday 13 September 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Westerner, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1940 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Óscar Arias: Costa Rican politician President of Costa Rica Nobel Prize laureate.
- Kerry Stokes: Australian businessman.
- Roger Rosenblatt: American journalist, author, playwright and teacher.
- Oscar Arias: Costa Rican politician, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Buckingham Palace destroyed by German bombs
- Italian troops under Marshal Graziani attack Egypt
- World War II: German bombs damage Buckingham Palace.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 September 1940 and get them!