Saturday 13 September 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ahmet Necdet Sezer and Oscar Arias-Sanchez.
Hold Back the Dawn, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1941 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Ahmet Necdet Sezer: 10th President of Turkey.
- Oscar Arias-Sanchez: Costa Rican politician, the President of Costa Rica and author of the current, struggling, Central American Peace Plan in 1988.
- Pierre Barthès: French tour tennis player, who was one of the Handsome Eight, a group of players signed by Lamar Hunt in 1968 for the newly formed professional World Championship Tennis (WCT) group.
- George Ziemann: American ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Bishop whose conduct shattered the serenity of California Catholics when his sex-and-lawsuit scandal scorched local parishes.
- Tadao Ando: Japanese architect and academic designed Piccadilly Gardens.
- David Clayton-Thomas: English-Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Blood Sweat & Tears)
- Ahmet Sezer: Turkish judge and politician 10th President of the Republic of Turkey
- Elias Disney: Canadian father of Walt Disney and Roy O. Disney (Born 1859).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?