Wednesday 13 September 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Cetera in Chicago and Juan Ábrego.
Thunder Rock, directed by Roy Boulting, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1944 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Peter Cetera in Chicago: Illinois, USA; lead singer (Chicago - "25 or 6 to 4", "Old Days").
- Juan Ábrego: Mexican drug smuggler who reportedly has two birth certificates, one in Mexico and the other in Texas, and who became the center of dispute between Mexico and the US when he was arrested for drug trafficking in early 1999.
- Carol Barnes: former ITV news presenter (Born 1944).
- Jacqueline Bisset: English actress and producer.
- Peter Cetera: American singer-songwriter bass player and producer (Chicago).
- 30th Infantry division of US 1st Army frees Margraten
- Last transport out camp Westerbork to Bergen Belsen
- US 28th Infantry division opens assault on Siegfried line / Westwall
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 September 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Is You Is Or Is You Ain't (Ma' Baby) - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters
- The Patty Cake Man - Ella Mae Morse
- It Had to Be You - Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
- Hildegarde - Lili Marlene
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?