Monday 13 September 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Johnny Belinda, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1948!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1948 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Nell Carter in Birmingham: Alabama, USA; actress (Nell - Gimme a Break, Lobo).
- Robert Vifian: French restaurateur, the chef-sommelier of the Vietnamese restaurant Tan Dinh in Paris.
- Dimitri Nanopoulos: Greek physicist and academic.
- Sitiveni Rabuka: Fijian general and politician 3rd Prime Minister of Fiji.
- Clyde Kusatsu in Honolulu: Hawaii; actor (Ali - Bring 'em Back Alive).
- Nell Carter: American actress, 4' 11" and portly. She started out as a singer in jazz-blues shouter-tradition. She sang in New York cabarets and off-Broadway reviews in the early '70s, scoring her first major success in the hit Broadway musical "Ain't Misbehavin'." The show, based on the music of Fats Waller, won a Tony award, 1978.
- Paul Wegener: German actor, writer and film director known for his pioneering role in German expressionist cinema.
- Margaret Chase Smith is elected senator, and becomes the first woman to serve in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the United States Senate.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 September 1948 and get them!