Thursday 13 September 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernadette Martin and Anne Devlin.
The Day the Earth Stood Still, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sky King.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1951 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bernadette Martin: French athlete specializing in the 400m and 800m events.
- Anne Devlin: Irish author playwright and screenwriter.
- Jean Smart: American actress and singer.
- St. Louis Cardinals beat the New York Giants 6-4 (rescheduled from 9 / 12) then at night lose to Boston Braves 2-0
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 September 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?