Sunday 13 September 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include College Girl and Taryn Power.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Robe, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Loretta Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1953 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- College Girl: American homicide victim, stabbed to death with a pen knife on 4/15/1973, c. 3:00 PM, at a North Carolina college campus, then dragged 15 feet to concealment behind the trees and raped.
- Taryn Power: American actress and noted family, the daughter of Tyrone Power and Linda Christian, only two when her parents divorced and seven when she moved to Rome.
- David Shiner: American actor, clown and a twin, he played the Cat in the Hat in the 2000 Broadway musical "Seussical.
- Iyanla Vanzant: TV Show Host.
- Pitcher Bob Trice is 1st black to play on Philadelphia Athletics
- Nikita Khrushchev is appointed secretary-general of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?