Monday 13 September 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1954 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Al Keck: American sports announcer.
- Steve Kilbey: English-Australian singer-songwriter and bass player (The Church and Jack Frost).
- Ted Mueller: Rock drummer (Axe).
- Reds Ted Kluszewski scores a run in record 17 consecutive games
- WPBN TV channel 7 in Traverse City, MI (NBC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 September 1954 and get them!