Thursday 13 September 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include [Joan] Joni Sledge and Joni Sledge in Philadelphia.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Attack, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Conflict.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1956 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- [Joan] Joni Sledge: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Vocalist (Sister Sledge-We are Family).
- Joni Sledge in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; vocalist (Sister Sledge - "We are Family").
- Judy Blumberg: American ice skater, part of the Gold-medal winning ice dancing team with Michael Seibert, three times national champions.
- Alain Ducasse: French chef and restaurateur who opened the most expensive restaurant in New York City in June 2000.
- Geri Jewell: American comedian, actress, motivational speaker, and disability and diversity consultant.
- Anne Geddes: Australian-New Zealand photographer and fashion designer
- Kim Genelle: American model and actress
- Dike around Dutch polder Eastern Flevoland closes
- In the USA, IBM introduces the IBM 350 Disk File, the first hard drive, as part of the IBM RAMAC 305 computer. The drive features fifty double-sided 24-inch diameter platters, served by one arm and one read/write head. Capacity is about 5MB, and transfer rate is 8800 characters per second.
- The dike around the Dutch polder East Flevoland is closed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?