Saturday 13 September 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ann Dusenberry in Tucson and Pawe? Przytocki.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Northwest Passage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1958 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Ann Dusenberry in Tucson: Arizona, USA; actress (Jaws 2, Lies, Basic Training).
- Pawe? Przytocki: Polish conductor.
- Robert Millar: Scottish professional road racing cyclist, who won the "King of the Mountains" competition in the 1984 Tour de France and finished fourth overall.
- Bobby Davro: English comedian and actor.
- Paweł Przytocki: Polish conductor and academic.
- Kōji Tamaki: Japanese singer-songwriter and actor (Anzen Chitai)
- Braves Warren Spahn is 1st lefty to win 20 or more games 9 times
- Queen Juliana christens passenger ship Rotterdam
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 September 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Frankie Avalon - Ginger Bread
- The Olympics - Western Movies
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?