Sunday 13 September 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Remie and Pourcel Twins.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Outsiders, directed by JeanLuc Cinéma Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kentucky Jones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1964 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Peter Remie: Soccer player (NAC).
- Pourcel Twins: French twins and noted chefs at the highly-rated restaurant Jardin des Sens that has been awarded three Michelin stars.
- Tavis Smiley: American talk show host, journalist and author.
- 3rd sitting of 2nd Vatican council opens in Rome
- 78th US Womens Tennis: Maria Fraser beats Carole Graebner (61 60)
- 84th US Mens Tennis: Roy Emerson beats Frederick S Stolle (64 62 64)
- St. Louis is 1st NL to score runs in every game since 1923, win 15-2
- WKEF TV channel 22 in Dayton, OH (NBC) begins broadcasting
- South Vietnamese Generals Lam Van Phat and Duong Van Duc fail in a coup attempt against General Nguyen Khanh.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?