Wednesday 13 September 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tim ''Ripper'' Owens and Michael Johnson.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
The Battle of Algiers, directed by Gillo Pontecorvo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Carol Burnett Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1967 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Tim ''Ripper'' Owens: American singer (Iced Earth, ex-Judas Priest).
- Michael Johnson: American field and track, runner, Gold in the 200 and 400M in Atlanta.
- : American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Iced Earth Judas Priest Beyond Fear and Charred Walls of the Damned).
- Stephen Perkins: American drummer and songwriter (Jane's Addiction Porno for Pyros The Panic Channel and Methods of Mayhem).
- Russell L Rogers: USAF / Astronaut (X-20), dies in explosion at 38.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - San Franciscan Nights
- Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?