Monday 13 September 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Goran Ivanisevic and Nancy Anne Roberts.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Go Away Little Girl by Donny Osmond.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Persuaders!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1971 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Goran Ivanisevic: Croatia -- Tennis star (1994 Wimbledon finalist).
- Nancy Anne Roberts: Miss Vermont USA (1996).
- Richie Anderson: NFL running back (NY Jets).
- Ted Drury: Boston, Massachusetts -- US hockey forward (1994 Olympics).
- Stella Nina McCartney: daughter of Paul and Linda McCartney.
- Brent Brede: American baseball player, right fielder, left-handed. He played with the MLB for the Minnesota Twins and the Arizona Diamondbacks from 1996-1998.
- Goran Ivanišević: Croatian tennis champ, a left- handed temperamental tyrant of the tennis court, who made 13 unsuccessful attempts at securing the Wimbledon crown before finally copping the trophy on 7/09/2001. Achieving his childhood ambition, the following day he sailed into the harbour of his hometown, Split, with more than 300,000 fans giving him a hero¹s welcome.
- Elaine Klimaszewski: American model, who, with her twin sister, is a model for Coors beer ads. The girls started their career as dancers, performing in September 1999 in the Dick Clark production, "Your Big Break." The women credit their older sister with their success, since she drove them to dance classes when they were youngsters. After graduating from Leicester High School, they had a gig touring Europe as backup singers and dancers with the Scorpions’ Eye II Eye tour.
- Diane Klimaszewski: American model, she and her twin are the models for Coors beer ads. They started their career as dancers, performing in September 1999 in the Dick Clark production, "Your Big Break." The women credit their older sister with their success, since she drove them to dance classes when they were youngsters. After graduating from Leicester High School, they had a gig touring Europe as backup singers and dancers with the Scorpions’ Eye II Eye tour.
- Stella McCartney: English fashion designer
- Ben Alexander: Australian rugby player (d. 1992)
- Manabu Namiki: Japanese pianist and composer
- 11 guards and 31 prisoners die in take over at Attica State Prison
- WIIQ TV channel 41 in Demopolis, AL (PBS) begins broadcasting
- World Hockey Association is formed.
- Frank Robinson hits his 500th home run.
- Nine hostages and 28 prisoners die in take-over at Attica State Prison.
- People's Republic of China: Chairman Mao Zedong's second in command and successor Marshal Lin Biao flees the country via plane after the failure of alleged coup against Mao. The plane crashes in Mongolia, killing all aboard.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 September 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Dramatics - Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?