Friday 13 September 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Shot The Sheriff by Eric Clapton.
In UK Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
Amarcord, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1974!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1974 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Eric Lapointe: Canadian football player.
- Keith Murray: American rapper.
- Travis Knight: American basketball player: center, Celtics.
- Laura Politano: Italian homicide: she and her husband Michele killed their baby in a Satanic ritual to rid her of possession by the devil on 9/12/1994.
- Stephen Lawrence: British victim of a hate crime; beaten to death at a bus stop for no apparent reason other than because he was black.
- 1st broadcast of Rockford Files on NBC-TV
- Phillies set NL record, using 27 players in a game, St. Louis uses 24, tying record of 51. Phils win 7-3 in 17
- Japanese Red Army members seize the French Embassy in The Hague, Netherlands.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- Helen Reddy - You And Me Against The World
- The Guess Who - Clap For The Wolfman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?